Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Freezer Burittos!

I used crock potted pork for these burritos but you can use what ever you would like. I cooked red bell pepper and then added a can of green chili's to it. While that was cooking made the rice then added salsa and the meat with the peppers in a big bowl. Put in tortilla's and wrapped in tin foil. My husband will eat almost anything and so far has said they are yummy. He topped it with cheese, sour cream and salsa. Below are pictures of my burritos.

I got the idea for freezer burritos from the blog it's all happening!

Chicken Rice Wraps Recipe

2 cups dry rice, cooked as directed on package
1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
2 cups medium salsa
1 pkg. Taco seasoning mix
8 large flour tortillas

In a large bowl, combine chicken, salsa and seasonings and cooked rice.
Spoon mixture into center of tortillas and wrap.

To FREEZE: Simply wrap each folded tortilla in tin foil and place in 1 gallon freezer bag. To reheat, unwrap and microwave for about 2 minutes, flipping once.

When I had it all mixed together


I put about a serving size spoonful in the middle

wrapped it all up

Then wrapped in tin foil for freezing. after this step i put in a gallon freezer bag and wrote instructions on the bag for the husband.


I am hoping to make more freezer meals, or easy to fix things like this when we get home late, don't want to cook, or my husband gets off late.











No comments:

Post a Comment