Saturday, August 20, 2011

More on Freezer Meals PLUS Lentil Soup

I will be posting some freezer meals I have found online in the next few days but would love if you have one you'd like to share to let me know. I am very interested in getting my own small stock pile of freezer meals, as there is some days where if I only had to shove something in the oven I'd be all for it!

None of these I have tried, so if you do please let me know what you think of it.

Lentil Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion chopped
3 carrots grated or cut in small pieces
¾ teaspoon marjoram
1 28 oz. can tomatoes
7 cups beef, chicken or vegetarian/vegetable broth
1 ½ cups dried lentils
1 Cup alphabet noodles or leave out


In skillet or large saucepan saute onions and carrots in 2 tablespoons olive oil until tender. In blender puree tomatoes with their juice and add to saucepan. Add broth, onion mixture and lentils together. Cook on medium-low covered for one hour or until lentils are tender. Season with salt, pepper and parsley if desired. Allow to cool and pour into freezer containers.


No comments:

Post a Comment